March 14, 2013

Treadmills & Bloggers & Likes...Oh My!


Well, the day is finally here! My extra bedroom is clean, treadmill has been moved upstairs into the room, and hubby finished my workstation for the treadmill.  God bless him and his devotion to my work. He had to build it, then realize it wouldn’t fit through the door frame, unassemble it, get it in the room and reassemble it.  I love you honey :)  Here’s a little photo progression so you can see what we did to the room. Here's the original messy extra room...
Starting to organize... Woo, look at that filing system that's starting...
 
Now the room is clean, organized, and cleared out to make room for the treadmill. 
 
 
And here is my treadmill with my new workstation! 
 
 So Excited!
 
Another view. Love it!
 
Thank you so much Terry!!!
 
And for those of you who knew and loved MaryAnn, I hope she's looking down on us and thinking, "Thank you for using my treadmill and TV for a good purpose. I'm glad that you and Terry quit smoking and are making smart choices in your life. I wish you the best." Thank you MaryAnn for pushing us the right way, even if you didn't get to see the results.
 
 
Next up...
 
I want to share an article that's been circulating on the internet about bloggers, indie authors, and self-publishing.  I know a lot of you already understand the blogger/author relationship and the importance of social media, but I also have some friends, family, and fans that don't know the first thing about any of this. So, I think this is a fantastic article for anyone who wants a better understanding of books and authors in this e-reader/internet based time. It's from a blog called Dear Author and it does feature my favorite author, Colleen Hoover, but I think it has many interesting points and is well worth a quick read. Please click on the link below to read this article.
 

Lastly...
I WILL share another teaser from Coast to Coast, but I need at least 200 Facebook "likes" to do so.  Thank you to all my new fans, I really appreciate your love and support, but I still need a few more.  So please, like, share, comment, message, whatever you want to get me past 200. I promise it'll be a good clip of the book!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo Cool! Lisa, as always you are one step ahead of the trend. Just yesterday heard Clark Howard on the radio talking about work places that are starting to allow these treadmill work stations. Maybe you can get Terry a side job making these. Also enjoyed the link you shared. Helped to clarify exactly why blogging is so important. Good to see everything coming together. Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

Also forgot to add that I really liked your tribute to Aunt Mary Ann. I'm sure she is happy to see both of you putting smoking in your past so that you can have a future. Mom

Joanna said...

I just had to say how awesome it is that your husband did all that for you! I also want to commend you for wanting to still stay physical while you work. My husband has said he needs to do something like this for all his employees in his office. :)